We are looking for a brilliant evaluation consultant to work with us on a freelance contract.
Jazz South is a three-year development programme (March 2018-March 2021) being delivered by Turner Sims Southampton, the concert hall and live music-producing organisation at the University of Southampton.
We are seeking an evaluator (or small team) to work with the Jazz South team to look at the extent to which the programme has achieved its objectives and to analyse and document the lessons learned. We will use the evaluation to help determine what happens next and to report back to Arts Council England, which has been supporting the programme with a grant from its Ambition for Excellence fund.
The evaluator of this programme will need to have:
- Evaluated a substantial project or programme funded by a national Arts Council, Lottery distributor or grant-making trust.
- Enough knowledge of the jazz sector to make musicians and promoters feel they are speaking with someone who understands their working lives and can discuss it with them.
- Produced thoroughly researched, clearly written, informative reports from which the stakeholders in the evaluation can learn.
- Sufficient time to meet the timetable, which is not negotiable.
- The contact details of two previous evaluation clients with whom we might speak.
For full details on how to apply, download the full brief here.
Please contact Tamsin Mendelsohn for a full application pack and to ask any questions.
The deadline for emailed responses to the brief is 9am on Monday 24 August 2020.
Interviews will take place by video call the week beginning Monday 07 September.
The fee including expenses and VAT is £7,500.