We are pleased to invite anyone promoting or self-promoting jazz & improvised music to a networking and information meeting in the South West
The event is FREE and will be kindly hosted by Exeter Phoenix
Wednesday 04 December
1 – 5pm
During the afternoon, there will plenty of opportunity to meet and catch up with other promoters & producers, hear from key funder Arts Council England, and learn about three new Jazz South initiatives that will launch this year.
What’s on the schedule?
- Applying for funding – Arts Council England
- Network and meet other promoters in your region
- Find out about two new schemes – Jazz South Commissions and Jazz South Free Ticket Scheme
- See how to put yourself on the Jazz South interactive online Touring Map
- Platform South – update
- Pitch a new touring, promoting or collaboration project – 5 slots available (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a slot)
We have a number of travel bursaries available for those working voluntarily or freelance, travelling over 50 miles
** These will be offered on a first-come-first-serve basis (email info@jazzsouth to make a request by Monday 25 November)
Evening event (optional):
Pete Canter’s Bridge Jazz Club – Exeter Phoenix – 8.30pm
The Bridge Jazz Club is a monthly jazz night hosted in the Voodoo Lounge at Exeter Phoenix. An opening set by Pete Canter (saxophone) with a guest rhythm section is followed by an open mic/jam session.
See link for details and ticket prices – there is a door charge which is NOT included as part of the Promoter Network Event